This spring season we welcome a new sponsor for our Texas locations, the Texas Beef Council. The Texas Beef Council (TBC) is a non-profit organization charged with the promotion and marketing of beef and beef products. TBC is funded by Texas farmers and ranchers through the national Beef Checkoff program and the Texas state Beef Checkoff program. Checkoff dollars are used to increase domestic and/or international demand for beef through programs of promotion, research and education. The organization is directed by a 20-member board of cattlemen, representing the state’s 149,000 beef farmers and ranchers.
TBC will be sponsoring our Texas locations this spring in the form of direct sponsorship or race bibs. Sponsors are an integral part of our program and we are very thankful for the continued support! Check out their website here and try this recipe for Beef Fajita soup! It’s a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
- 1 pound boneless Top Sirloin Steak
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, mix of red and orange, chopped
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15 and 1/2 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup milk
- Shredded pepper jack or cheddar cheese
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté bell peppers and onion till the onions begin to turn translucent. Stir in corn, black beans along with the spices. Cook for an additional 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth and milk and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, heat a sauté pan over medium heat, add another tablespoon olive oil. Season steak with salt and pepper; add to the pan and cook 3 – 6 minutes per side depending on personal preference for doneness. Time will also vary according to the thickness of the meat.
- Let cooked meat sit for 5 minutes before slicing into bite size pieces, add steak to the soup and stir. Pour into bowls and serve with desired toppings.