Fall is in full force by now, so it’s time to start thinking about what kinds of seasonal fruits and veggies you should be enjoying as the days get a little shorter. While it’s great that you can still get strawberries in December, there are other awesome fruits like oranges and grapefruit that you can incorporate in your seasonal diet. Here’s a super easy and kid approved recipe for dark chocolate dipped clementine segments!
- 5 mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- sea salt or coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon shortening or coconut oil (melted), optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside. Peel the mandarin oranges.
- In a microwave safe bowl or with the help of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and add shortening, if desired. Adding shortening is optional – it helps make the chocolate super smooth and easier to work with. Using only melted chocolate will work fine as well.
- Dip each slice halfway into the melted chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and repeat until all slices are evenly coated and sprinkled with salt. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate has hardened. Enjoy!