What do pie and kids have in common? They’re both messy! Solve all of that with a peach hand pie, the greatest invention since… whole pie. Kids and adults alike will love these folded treats that fit in the palm of your hand.
Get grilling with this recipe for peach hand pies courtesy of our partner Lidl. With just six ingredients, it’s easy to make enough for the whole family without breaking the bank. Celebrate summer with this fruity favorite.
peach hand pies
prep time: 10 min
cook time: 40 min
total time: 50 min
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 ripe peaches, sliced in ¼” thin slices
1 (15 oz.) box pie crust
- In a medium bowl mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice.
- Add the peaches to the sugar mixture and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill over high heat and carefully coat the grates with cooking spray.
- Unroll pie dough and cut twelve 4” circles out of both pie crusts.
- Once the grill is hot, place peach slices on grill, reserving the remaining sugar mixture in the bowl. Allow the peach slices to lightly char, about 4 minutes per side.
- Place grilled peaches back in sugar mixture.
- Spoon grilled peaches and 1 teaspoon of the sugar mixture in the center of 6 crust circles.
- Drape the remaining dough circles over top of the peach filling. Using a fork or your fingers, seal the edges of the dough together.
- Turn down grill temperature to 350°F as measured by an infrared thermometer.
- Place the hand pies directly on the grill. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 35-40 minutes with the lid closed. If the temperature rises while cooking, open the lid and allow some heat to escape for 2 minutes until the temperature returns to 350°F. Serve warm.