Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and our partner Lidl has the most important deals of the day. Wake up to delicious oatmeal bars made with low-priced ingredients from Lidl. Customize to your liking (gluten free flour, almond butter, dairy-free milk alternative… you name it) and make ahead before your busy morning begins*. The best part about this recipe? It’s no fuss so no one will miss the bus.
*Pro tip: make them on Sunday night and serve all week long.
apple butter oatmeal breakfast bars
prep time: 10
cook time: 25
total time: 35
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup apple butter
- Heat oven to 350°F, line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together.
- Add honey, peanut butter and milk into the oat mixture. Stir to fully combine.
- Reserve about ¾ cup of the oat mixture and use the rest to create a bottom crust, by firmly pressing into the prepared pan.
- Spread apple butter over the oat crust. Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top of the apple butter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely, remove from pan and cut into 12 bars.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.