spooky meets satisfying
Halloween calls for frightfully delightful afternoon snacks. Little monsters of all ages will love this fangtastic recipe. You can find the ingredients (and other Halloween must-haves) for scary low prices at Lidl, a proud partner of Healthy Kids Running Series.
Beware: this snack is so delicious, it may stay in the rotation long after spooky season has ended.
total time: 25 mins.
- 4 Honeycrisp apples
- 2 cups organic creamy peanut butter, salted
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Wash and dry apples. Cut apples into quarters and remove core. Cut each quarter into 4 slices.
- Stack 2 slices on top of one another with the skin side out to ensure you have enough slices to make each mouth.
- Spread peanut butter on the inside of each apple slice.
- Add mini marshmallows to the bottom apple slice to create teeth.
- Sandwich apple slices together.
- Create fangs by placing a slivered almond on each side of the mouth.